About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytical, and resourceful VP of Finance to join our growing team. You will be joining as an early leader on a growing team, with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a fast-growing startup. In this position you will play an important role in shaping the strategic direction of the company, working closely with cross-functional teams to continuously improve the accuracy of forecasting, budgeting, planning, and reporting while providing useful business insights as we grow and scale specifically as it pertains to funding rounds.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of our finance function, you will ensure the company understands the core economic drivers of the business and how our actions influence them
- Build and Foster strong relationships- Act as a thought partner with the CEO and leadership team to partner with and advise the team in decision-making. Operate as a facilitator and conduit to the Board ensuring clear and timely communication and planning for future funding rounds.
- Plan Strategically - This is a strategic role critical to achieving the company’s growth plan, and you have proven capability of scaling a high-growth enterprise SaaS business.
- Coordinate and prepare budget and financial forecasts and report variances as needed
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated strong finance acumen specifically as it relates to pricing, forecasting, budgeting and being able to effectively relay this high-level information to & partner with other teams.
- Has owned a funding round in an early-stage startup (less than Series D).
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Results driven
- Strong organizational & strategic agility
- High level of integrity, ability to build trust
At Vector, we know our economy relies on ground transport. And without trucks on the road making connections - on track, on schedule - business falls behind, leading to lost time and investment. Our mission: maximize efficiency throughout the entire freight lifecycle with our mobile technology, designed to achieve faster connection times and deliver new insights for logistics businesses everywhere.
We’re helping yesterday's trucking industry rethink and modernize today's logistics environment.