Senior Software Engineer, Backend
As a Backend Engineer at Vector, you will be working with our team of experienced engineers which includes application and platform developers. You’ll also collaborate closely with our product, mobile, and web frontend teams to deliver a world class user experience.
We are looking for engineers that can own large parts of the system and make large contributions to help us become a collaborative platform for field service automation.
We care more about technical fundamentals than we do with knowledge of a particular technical stack. In case you’re curious, we use Java, Google Guice, jOOQ, and Postgres as some of our core backend technologies.
- Lead the design of major software components, systems, and features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our platform
- Focus on overall product quality and scalability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Significant work experience in software development for a commercially shipped enterprise product
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Extensive hands-on programming skills in the Java ecosystem
At Vector, we know our economy relies on ground transport. And without trucks on the road making connections - on track, on schedule - business falls behind, leading to lost time and investment. Our mission: maximize efficiency throughout the entire freight lifecycle with our mobile technology, designed to achieve faster connection times and deliver new insights for logistics businesses everywhere.
We’re helping yesterday's trucking industry rethink and modernize today's logistics environment.