Last modified: March 31, 2020
Welcome to Vector!
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Vector Labs, Inc. (“Vector”), located at 135 Stillman St, San Francisco, CA 94107, United States.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
I. Information Collection and Use
What Information Does Vector Collect About Me and Why?
If you register for or maintain an Vector Service Account:
We collect, Why we collect it Your, email address, name, and contact preferences
- To create and support your Vector Service account.
- To communicate with you.
- To enable other users to collaborate with you.
- To send you marketing emails and special offers, unless you opt-out as explained in the “Will Vector Send Me Emails?” section below.
Your name, image and other personal information, if you elect to share it. To show in your user profile. The geographic area where you use your computing devices when you interact with the Service and the language you select
- To localize your interaction with the Service and improve our understanding of how users interact with the Service and the Market.
- To assist us in complying with legal restrictions that may limit the permissible use of our Service and products.
Your device identifier
- To provide account support.
- To calculate anonymous, aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using the Vector Service.
Your telephone number – but only if you elect to share it or link it to your account
- To enable two-step verification on your account.
- To show in your user profile.
Your location information – but only if you elect to share it
- To enhance your Documents or related workflows with location information.
- To show you relevant content to which you have access.
Actions you perform in your account, including your use of certain product features and your storage of particular forms of Content (e.g., PDFs or JPGs), as well as the type of device and software you are using
- To administer the Service and improve the features and usability of the Service.
- To suggest to you Vector features, products and services that can enhance your use of the Service.
Additional information we collect in connection with Vector company administrator accounts:
Company name, personal name and email address of account creatorTo create and support your Vector company account.Billing information (i.e., address, email address and telephone number)To communicate with the Billing Contact on the account and provide account support.Email addresses of company account Administrators and end usersTo support the Vector company account and communicate with account Administrators and end users.Employment-related personal information – if you elect to share itTo show in your Vector company account user profile
If you visit withvector.com:
We collect, Why we collect it Your email address (if you provide it)
- To help you create an Vector Service account.
- To communicate with you.
Email addresses of company account Administrators and end usersTo support the Vector company account and communicate with account Administrators and end users.Employment-related personal information – if you elect to share itTo show in your Vector company account user profile
Finally, when you access the Vector Service, that application will request access to certain information on your computing device.
What Tracking Information Does Vector Collect About Me Or My Devices?
Will Vector Contact Me?
You will continue to receive essential Service-related and account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does Vector Share My Personal Information or Content?
Vector is not in the business of selling or renting your information. We only disclose your information – and then only the minimum information necessary – when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf in order to operate the Service and/or complete your payment transactions; and these providers are subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Vector and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
What Information Does Vector Share When I Share Documents?
Vector has a number of collaboration features, and when you use these features to collaborate with other Vector users, some of the personal information you provide to Vector, including your status as a Vector user, may be visible to these other Vector users:
In addition, anyone who has access to a shared Document will be able to see information about where and when the Document was created, as well as the tags and comments associated with a particular Document.
Does Vector Access or Review My Documents?
As a rule, Vector employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Documents also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Vector and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process. We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account contents and, whenever we determine it possible, we provide you with notice if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s request for information about your account.
Does Vector Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use Vector Software on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable clients, Content you save will be temporarily stored locally on that device. When you sync your computing device with the Service, that Content will be replicated on our servers, which are located in the United States.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to Vector will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you post information to the Vector sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
How Can I Access or Correct Information Vector Holds About Me?
If you wish to (i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you; (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or (iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at compliance AT Vector DOT com. We will comply with such requests to the extent required by law or our policies, and subject to any limitations in our systems.
How Secure Is My Data?
Vector is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology. However, Internet data transmissions, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. The security of the information stored locally in the Vector Software installed on your computing device is dependent upon you making use of the security features on your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use with our applications and Service.
If Vector learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) Vector does not track users, who do not interact with its sharing functionality across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Vector does not authorize the collection of PII from Vector users on Vector for third party use through advertising technologies without separate member consent.
V. Information Deletion
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using Vector?
You can delete Content at any time, and you can stop using the Vector Service at any time.
What Happens If Vector Closes My Account?
If Vector deactivates your Service account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact Vector to request deletion of your data, and Vector will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
For more information, contact Vector.